Saturday, February 8, 2014

Anxious to Print

Snow day equaled time to create a logo for Hillcrest Cottage Press. The design would be transferred to a copperplate used to print Hillcrest Cottage's name on the letter press cards' flip sides.

I embraced my small, antique 5 X 8 Kelsey and decided to give her proper honor for all the years she had endured idleness, waiting on a shelf somewhere for ink to once again breathe life into her veins. After all, my Vintage Kelsey was the star of the venture!




It is the small things. 

One small part is all that had kept me from fully restoring my Vintage Kelsey press. For two months I searched and waited for the simplest of parts... one of four small hooks which would hold my press rollers. 

Two mailings from two different individuals (both wrong size, even with very precise communications) and over $100 later, a kind and generous person wanted to donate the part to me.                           
Wow.
 
Next I ordered lots of supplies: ink, brayer, linotype ruler, linoleum blocks & tools to carve the linoleum, paper samples, and other various items from a very long list. A trip to the local hardware store provided the rest of what was needed to set up a proper print shop. I also found an incredible book to guide me in a way that I could understand.

So many details. So many tools. I had never been through such a long trek. It was good for my patience... but...


I was anxious to print!

No comments:

Post a Comment