Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Vintage Kelsey Finally Prints

Things are looking up around Hillcrest Cottage Press. Life is looking all bright and shiny like this tower I got to visit last April.


You may have heard of it, seen it in pictures, or been there yourself.



Things are moving along very orderly and precisely like my awesome 1LT son leading his men across the Fort Bliss plain.


First Row, Third from Left, So Very Proud of His service. He WILL Save the World.


I'm so excited I might just jump on a horse and ride wildly across the French countryside into a Van Gogh painting, never to be seen again.



Me Actually Doing What I Just Said I Would Do.



I might say, "I am a happy glamper." 


Okay... I... am ...a ... happy glamper.



I don't camp, I glamp, and Gipsy is the one who gets me sleeping under the stars and snoozing to the sound of cicadas, crickets, and Whip-poor-wills.


I Love My Gipsy!



Hillcrest Cottage is seeing its dreams and imagination and goals becoming real like the promise this rainbow gave to me while in El Paso visiting my awesome son and DIL.


View from Son's Veranda!



After 8 Months of Preparation, I Printed!

 This is my newest Hillcrest Cottage logo printed on the rear of 140# cotton-y feeling paper. I wish you could feel it. So thick and soft. #papernerd


I am having more fun than I can describe.



I was so pleased with the results of my vintage Kelsey 5x8 letterpress' maiden voyage.


Monogram, Morning Glories, and Banner are All Hallmarks of my Hillcrest Cottage Brand.



The design process began with calligraphy turned into a custom-made copper plate.


The First of Five Planned Designs Similar to This One.



I printed as many as my little paper inventory would allow. The plan is to sell these notecards, then to re-invest so that my other designs can be made into copper plates; let the multiplication continue until I achieve my end-goal of being fully stocked with each design (1000 each). They will retail for $5.00 single/$16.00 set of four. I will be selling them from my Etsy shop, (click on link to buy) as well as some very carefully chosen craft fairs in the fall. Eventually, I will take them to a retail market and go global... first things first.


Patience is Key as I Wait to Move to the Next Phase of my Business Plan.



Here is black ink paired with the red hot envelope. 


*** Pause for Envelope Love... Square... European Deep Flap... Vibrant Colors ***



The back of each 5 1/4" X 5 1/4" flat card has ample room for a quick note.


I Recommend Flair Brand Fine Felt-Tipped Pens. The Red Flair Matches Quite Well.



Sound the trumpet! 

My favorite color combo is coming up: pink and green. My hearts skips a beat every time I look upon this note card/envelope combo. Soooo... even with only 5 designs, I will have much versatility with different choices of ink colors and envelopes.


Smile. Smile. Smile.
Do you know a college-bound freshman? A deployed military person or spouse of? Someone facing challenges in their job, with their health? A great life motto? Encouragement generally speaking? This is the card FOR YOU! Suitable for framing... but only after they feel its paper nerd awesome-ness.

Lots of cool stuff on the drawing table today. Four tiny designs will soon join the family. It's 78 degrees on the Hillcrest Cottage veranda this afternoon and its July in Arkansas, y'all. It is supposed to be 110 degrees and humid as heck. 

Have I been transported to heaven?


P.S. Thank you to all who have believed in me ( and you know who you are). It is happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment